Hi! As you all probably know DNS lookups can get tricky at times, since they block. c-ares is a completely asynchronous DNS resolver written in C, and pycares exports its functionality to Python.
After giving the idea some thought I decided to remove the c-ares based resolver which I had implemented in pyuv and created a standalone package instead.
This way, the implementation is completely independent and it can be used with any asynchronous library like Eventlet, Gevent, pyev, …
Since the c-ares build process can be a bit tricy and uses autotools I decided to use a modified version of the build system used in libuv which is based in plain Makefiles.
Hope you like it!