After working on this on-and-of on my free time I’m happy to share it. pyuv is a Python interface to libuv, a high-performance, portable library for asynchronous network communications and more. libuv is the platform layer for the well known NodeJS.
pyuv implements the following features:
- Asynchronous TCP
- Named pipes
- Asynchronous DNS resolver
- Running operations in a ThreadPool
- Async handle
- Prepare, idle and check handles
- Signal handle
- System memory information
- System load information
- Getting executable path
- Asynchronous filesystem operations (stat, lstat)
libuv implements more features, which I plan to implement as time allows. In the meanwhile grab the source and have a look at the examples on the GitHub repository.
Documentation is available through ReadTheDocs here.
Hope you like it! :–)